How do I turn on the download dialog box?

  1. #1
    amanda_jayne
    Guest

    How do I turn on the download dialog box?

    I accidentally unticked the box that appears when you are downloading from
    the internet. (You have the option to select either 'download' or 'save').

    Does anyone know where to find it to turn it back on.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I turn on the download dialog box?

    My Computer>Tools>Folder Options>File Types.

    Scroll down to the file type extension you wish to download and select it.

    Click "Advanced" and checkmark the option "Confirm Open After Download"

    This setting is not global so if you unchecked for more than one file type you
    will have to reset for each.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP