Making a field active

  1. #1
    wait3264
    Guest

    Making a field active

    I am trying to set up a spreadsheet to calculate tips for wait staff. There
    is no cash involved and all tips are paid through the server's paycheck.I
    would like the spreadsheet to contain all the names of the staff and be able
    to designate which ones worked that particular shift for the tip share. For
    example, there are 10 waitresses who work at the establishment but only 5
    work on any given day. I am given a total amount of tips for the day which is
    divided equally among those who worked that shift. Right now the work is done
    manually and is sometimes time consuming. Thanks, Kay

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Making a field active

    pershaps a helper column with a x in it and then use countif or sumif.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    wait3264
    Guest

    Re: Making a field active

  4. #4
    wait3264
    Guest

    Re: Making a field active

    I looked it up and I think the sumif will work. I need to figure out a way to
    add in bus people and expeditors who get a half share and quarter share. Can
    I use the x field as you suggested and have it add a different column?
    Thanks, Kay