Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Opened Spreadsheet doesn't display

  1. #1
    McGrinch
    Guest

    Opened Spreadsheet doesn't display

    When I open a particular spreadsheet, it asks me to update the links (which
    there are some), and whether I do or not, the spreadsheet won't display.

    Excel is open, but does not show a spreadsheet. I do not see it listed in
    the Window menu item to select it, in the list of open programs at the bottom
    of the screen, or any other indication that it is opened. If I try to open
    it again, I get a message stating it is already open.

    I have tried closing all the way out of Excel, and rebooting my computer
    without any luck.

    Other spreadsheets are working fine.

    Help!

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: Opened Spreadsheet doesn't display

    Try Window/Unhide...
    it's probably saved as a hidden file.
    Or it's an add-in??

    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    McGrinch
    Guest

    Re: Opened Spreadsheet doesn't display

    Bob - You were right on the mark!

    In 13 years of working with Excel and VBA, I have never come across this.
    Thanks for your help!!!

    "Bob Umlas" wrote:

    > Try Window/Unhide...
    > it's probably saved as a hidden file.
    > Or it's an add-in??
    >
    > Bob Umlas
    > Excel MVP
    >
    > "McGrinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > When I open a particular spreadsheet, it asks me to update the links

    > (which
    > > there are some), and whether I do or not, the spreadsheet won't display.
    > >
    > > Excel is open, but does not show a spreadsheet. I do not see it listed in
    > > the Window menu item to select it, in the list of open programs at the

    > bottom
    > > of the screen, or any other indication that it is opened. If I try to

    > open
    > > it again, I get a message stating it is already open.
    > >
    > > I have tried closing all the way out of Excel, and rebooting my computer
    > > without any luck.
    > >
    > > Other spreadsheets are working fine.
    > >
    > > Help!
    > >
    > > Thanks!