Automatically Changing File Links

  1. #1
    Tom Hewitt
    Guest

    Automatically Changing File Links

    I've seen a formula before that enabled links within a file to change
    automatically with the changing of one cell.

    Each File linked to is in the format

    Cell Name P6 Y2006.xls (With the P6 and Y2006 changing each month/year)

    I know there is a formula somewhere that means I can make all the formulas
    pull part of the file names from a certain cell that will contain the current
    month year.

    To save me time changing all the formulas.

    Any chance anyone knows how to do this?

    Thank you in advance

    Regards

  2. #2

    Re: Automatically Changing File Links

    If the "sending" workbook is open, you may have seen =indirect()--but that only
    works if the "sending" workbook is open.

    You may find using
    edit|links|change source
    easier.