Enable check box in protected sheet + group check boxes

  1. #1
    Dexxterr
    Guest

    Enable check box in protected sheet + group check boxes

    Hi Folks!

    I have a sheet within which are all the Counties in the UK. To protect the
    data from being altered, I usually unlock cells and protect sheet. I cannot
    find a way to enable check boxes once the sheet is protected...!!!!!! This
    seems rudimentary, so I MUST be missing something.

    I want a user to be able to:

    1/ tick or clear a check box to indicate whether he delivers to a certain
    County whilst the sheet is protected.

    2/ tick or clear a single check box to operate several others; in other
    words, if a user selects ENGLAND, all the english counties are automatically
    selected.

    Any assistance that can be provided will be most appreciated - thank you
    very much, in anticipation.

    Kind regards,

    Dexxterr

  2. #2

    Re: Enable check box in protected sheet + group check boxes

    Make sure that the linked cell is unlocked, too.

    (Or move them to a different sheet (hidden???))

  3. #3
    Dexxterr
    Guest

    Re: Enable check box in protected sheet + group check boxes

    Dave

    Thank you for that - of course; how silly of me not to realize.

    Any ideas on grouping check boxes to be controlled by just one?

    Thank you for your assistance, regards,

    Dx.

  4. #4

    Re: Enable check box in protected sheet + group check boxes

    If I want to allow for just one item selected from a group, I don't use
    checkboxes. I use optionbuttons.

    If you use optionbuttons from the Forms Toolbar, then place each group in the
    same Groupbox.

    If you use optionbuttons from the Control toolbox toolbar, you can change the
    Groupname property for each optionbutton in that group (make it the same for
    each group).

  5. #5
    Dexxterr
    Guest

    Re: Enable check box in protected sheet + group check boxes

    Dave

    Thank you for your most valuable assistance, regards,

    Dx.