Creating a formula that calculates a total cell

  1. #1
    Growers
    Guest

    Creating a formula that calculates a total cell

    I have a spreadsheet that I use for an order guide. The spreadsheet contains
    the 1st sheet which is for inventory and the next 6 sheets are the order
    pages.
    Each time I enter a # of pcs. on the order sheet it reduces the inventory
    sheet #'s.
    Heres the delima. I have set up a new column to pull over from the inventory
    page and displays the price on each order sheet. I would like to set up a
    formula that references the price , multiplies it by the # of pcs,and at a
    new cell adds all the references from the entire column giving me a dollar
    total. Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Creating a formula that calculates a total cell

    If Price in Column A and Qty in Column B then in Column C:

    =A1*C1 and copy down

    Order dollar total =SUM(C1:C10) for 10 order lines

    Any taxes to be added?

    Is this this what you want?

  3. #3
    Growers
    Guest

    RE: Creating a formula that calculates a total cell

    ok so I would like to connect both of those formula's
    here's a sample
    Quantity
    Item Cost Client Name
    day need tues
    basil $5.00 3
    bananas $25.00 1
    beets $32.00
    carrots $10.00 1
    corn $20.00 2
    cucumbers $30.00 1

    $120
    does this make any sense?

  4. #4
    Growers
    Guest

    RE: Creating a formula that calculates a total cell

    So do I have to make a new column???

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Creating a formula that calculates a total cell

    In C1 enter =A1*B1

    Double-click on the fill handle of C1 to copy down.

    The total cell can be anywhere, say in D1

    =SUM(C:C)

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP