Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Sirritys
    Guest

    Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?

    or can I define one ?

    I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use
    right click menu every time

    Regards,
    Sirritys

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?

    Ctrl+V

    --
    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee )

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?

    It is quite easy to define a macro to do this for you. Highlight a
    range, then turn the macro recorder on (Tools | Macro | Record new
    macro) and define a keyboard shortcut, eg CTRL-SHIFT-P - you might also
    like to locate the macro in personal.xls using the pull-down. While the
    macro recorder is running, click <copy> then Edit | Paste Special |
    Values (check) then OK followed by <Esc>. Then click <close> on the
    macro recorder icon.

    In future, all you will need to do is highlight your range and do
    CTRL-SHIFT-P to fix the values.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  4. #4
    Sirritys
    Guest

    Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?

    Thanks for help.

    However I think that is not going to work for me, since I need to copy
    paste a lot from different sheets and stuff :-/

  5. #5

    Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?

    I think that you'll find that Pete's suggestion will work.

    As will this:

    How about just adding another icon to your favorite toolbar.

    Tools|Customize|commands tab|edit category
    scroll down the right hand side and drag "paste values" to that favorite
    toolbar.

  6. #6
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?

    Dave,

    I thought the OP would want to paste the values in place - it would
    need a slight modification (i.e. do <copy> outside of recording the
    macro) to enable him to paste the values into a separate sheet. Then he
    would have to highlight the range, click <copy>, move to the cell(s) in
    the other sheet and then CTRL-SHIFT-P - not really much of a shortcut
    !!

    Pete

  7. #7
    Sirritys
    Guest

    Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?

    Just what I wanted, thx ;-)

  8. #8

    Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?

    Ah. Copying first, then recording the macro when paste special may have been
    what the OP wanted.

  9. #9
    Jay

    Sirritys wrote:
    > or can I define one ?
    >
    > I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use
    > right click menu every time
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sirritys

    Alt + E S V <enter>

    I use it dozens of time a day and it takes a fraction of a second.

    Jason