Trouble opening Word document

  1. #1
    Richard
    Guest

    Trouble opening Word document

    My overall problem involves extracting data from Word documents, and is
    similar to other problems found in other Excel discussions. My specific
    problem involves a problem I run into when trying the code from these
    discussions.

    I get errors with the dimmension statements, like:
    Dim appWord As New Word.Application
    or
    Dim appWD As New Word.Application

    I get the error:
    Complie error: User-defined type not defined

    Do I need a special add-in or something to open Word documents?
    (I'm running Excel 2003.)
    --
    Richard

  2. #2
    Steve Yandl
    Guest

    Re: Trouble opening Word document

    Richard,

    At the top of the VBE Window, click 'Tools > References'. Set a reference
    to the "Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library". That should take care of the
    problem.

    Steve

    news:[email protected]...