Problem saving excel file

  1. #1

    Problem saving excel file

    I have an Excel file which I can't save to the server nor local hard drive. When I open it and make a change and click on save as or save a dialog box appears and says file not saved. Even if I don't make a change and just click on save it says the same thing. No special security settings are attached to the file. Anyway if someone can help that would be great, Thanks!

  2. #2

    Re: Problem saving excel file

    The developer may have put a macro that runs each time you try to save the
    file. That macro could be stopping the save.

    If you close the file and reopen it with macros disabled, can you save it then?

  3. #3
    Thanks but Tried disabling macro already but it still does not let me save. Also have tried saving on a different PC and still having the problem.

  4. #4

    Re: Problem saving excel file

    You can't save it to your local harddrive, either?

    I was thinking that the folder that contains the file may be readonly for you
    (and the other user).

    I don't have another guess.

  5. #5
    m96
    Guest

    Dave Peterson wrote:
    > The developer may have put a macro that runs each time you try to save the
    > file. That macro could be stopping the save.

    good idea. since i'm using the same thing. if this is the case then you
    could easily modfiy it:

    press alt+f11 to open the vba editor then double-click "thisworkbook"
    from the project window. if there is a macro "workbook_beforesave" then
    delete it. now you should be able to save it.

    hope it helps.
    cheers.