How to stop message popping up before open the excel?

  1. #1

    How to stop message popping up before open the excel?

    Hi,

    I have to add "Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
    Me.Saved = True
    End Sub"

    in the excel macros editor. After I added it, it will keep prompting the message to users:
    "The document you are opening contains macros. Some macros may contain harmful viruses. If you are sure this document is from a trusted source, click Yes. If you are not sure and want to prevent any macros from running, click No."

    How to stop this message coming up permanently?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to stop message popping up before open the excel?

    Either set your Macro Security level to Low, which is not recommended or get a
    digital certificate/signature and sign the project.

    If just for your own computer, Microsoft Office Tools has a SelfCert function.

    You can create a signature to use on your own computer only.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Thank you, so there is no way to stop message prompting on user's machine and I need to have all users change the setting on their pc's?
    Last edited by jenhu; 08-03-2006 at 09:38 AM.