how do i set up a drop down list of materials?

  1. #1
    Kerky!
    Guest

    how do i set up a drop down list of materials?

    I am working on a Bill of Materials and would like to create a drop-down list
    for each category/ material type.
    eg;
    Material = repeater (drop down list of repeaters to select from)
    =antenna (drop down list of antennas to select from)

    Can anyone help me? the online help wasn't that useful as I'm not used to
    running macros or doing add-ins.

    Thank you,

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: how do i set up a drop down list of materials?

    Look into Data Validation at Debra Dalgleish's website:

    You might also need Dependent Lists (also at her website):

    Does that help?
    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  3. #3
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: how do i set up a drop down list of materials?

    Hi M or Kerky,

    The two sites Ron suggested are top notch and should get you where you want.
    If you need more help I would be glad to look at your worksheet and take a
    stab at a solution.

    [email protected]

    Include detailed description of what you want to happen and where.

    Regards,
    Howard

    news:[email protected]...