email excel document with hyperlinks to mutliple documents

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    angiey
    Guest

    email excel document with hyperlinks to mutliple documents

    I need to send several people an excel document that hyperlinks to many other
    documents. The recipients need to get all the information from the other
    documents. How can I make this happen?

  2. #2

    Re: email excel document with hyperlinks to mutliple documents

    Make sure the hyperlinks point files in a common location--like a network
    drive. I'd use the UNC path so that I wouldn't have to worry about users having
    different mapped drives.

  3. #3
    angiey
    Guest

    Re: email excel document with hyperlinks to mutliple documents

    Dave, thanks… let me give you a little more info.
    A colleague from Castle Rock (where the pc with files is) is in Orlando
    (with his laptop). I am in Tennessee. He needs to send the excel document
    to people in three other states for a board meeting. His excel document is
    already formatted with hyperlinks to the documents back home. How can he
    give all these people access to the data?

  4. #4

    Re: email excel document with hyperlinks to mutliple documents

    Untested.

    I think if you keep all the files in the same folder and tell each user to do
    the same, it'll work.

    But test it before you trust it.