minimizing space between cell content for printing

  1. #1
    marina
    Guest

    minimizing space between cell content for printing

    Hi,
    Files printed from Excel 97 in Win98 allowed consequtive single line
    cells to overlap and the letters to touch which economized on space for

    volume printings.
    Printing on the same HP printer from Excel 2003 in Win XP looses half
    of the height of the letters.
    If it was a printer driver bug, I would like to figure out if I can
    force the same style of printing - minimizing space between rows to
    zero so the letters touch. (For example, a "b" would touch a "g" on the
    line above.)
    TIA.

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: minimizing space between cell content for printing

    You can adjust the row height - highlight the rows in question and
    Format | Row | Height and then type in a suitable value. If you are
    using Arial 10pt (default), then the default height is 12.75, so you
    can reduce this to 10.

    Alternatively, having highlighted the rows, you can just drag the line
    between two row identifiers to narrow the row (and all the others
    highlighted).

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    marina
    Guest

    Re: minimizing space between cell content for printing

    Thank you for your reply, but what I need to do is minimize the space
    between the text in the cell and the cell border. Height adjustment
    always leaves extra space.