My Letters and Mailings doesn't have "Mail Merge Wizard."

  1. #1
    thomas
    Guest

    My Letters and Mailings doesn't have "Mail Merge Wizard."

    I am trying to convert an excel name adress list to create mailing labels.
    Office online indicated I needed to go to Word, Tools, Letters and Mailings,
    under that heading should be "Mail Merge Wizard" but it doesn't come up on my
    PC. Any suggestions or alternate ways to mail merge from excel?

    Thank you!

    Thomas

  2. #2
    Nika Lampe
    Guest

    RE: My Letters and Mailings doesn't have "Mail Merge Wizard."

    Hi Thomas,

    first... you can use Excel as data source (in excel having addresses), as
    you can use as data source Access, txt and many other tables/databases.
    But for creating mailing labels you must use MS Word. Office online
    indicated the location of mail merge function in MS Word 2003.
    So, if you have MS Word 2003 standard installation or more, there should be
    under menu Tools, submenu Letters and Mailings and under it menu "Mail merge"
    and there is the wizard you are looking for.
    This wizard does not show as window, but it is on Task Pane (usually on the
    right side of MS Word) where you can follow the steps. If Task Pane it is not
    displayed, turn it on (or off and on) via menu View - Task Pane.
    As you are asking to how to use existing Excel table as source, you should
    select in step 3 "Use an existing list" and under "use an existing list"
    click on "Browse" and select the Excel file and sheet you want to use.
    If you use some other version of MS Office, for example Word 2000, I think
    Mail Merge is directly in Tools menu.... of MS Word and not MS Excel.

    Regards,
    Nika Lampe

  3. #3
    thomas
    Guest

    RE: My Letters and Mailings doesn't have "Mail Merge Wizard."

    Thank you very much!!!

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: My Letters and Mailings doesn't have "Mail Merge Wizard."

    Thomas

    For help on Word mail merge using Excel or Access as the data source.

    http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

    http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:59:51 -0700, thomas <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I am trying to convert an excel name adress list to create mailing labels.
    >Office online indicated I needed to go to Word, Tools, Letters and Mailings,
    >under that heading should be "Mail Merge Wizard" but it doesn't come up on my
    >PC. Any suggestions or alternate ways to mail merge from excel?
    >
    >Thank you!
    >
    >Thomas

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP