alternating format

  1. #1
    BorisS
    Guest

    alternating format

    Someone (I think) mentioned to me that there was a way in Excel 2003 to have
    line formatting alternate to make a ledger-style effect (every other line is
    white or a color).

    True, or am I make-believing?

    Thx.
    --
    Boris

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: alternating format

    True! You can do this with Conditional Formatting.

    Highlight your entire worksheet (or just the area that you want shaded)
    Then, from the Format Menu, select "Conditional Formatting..."
    Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is"
    Enter the formula: =MOD(ROW(),2)=0
    Set your format
    Click OK

    That should do it. This shades all even numbered rows. If you'd rather
    have odd numbers shaded, then change the 0 to a 1 in the above formula.

    HTH,
    Elkar