freeze column width in a pivot table

  1. #1
    Martha Navarro
    Guest

    freeze column width in a pivot table

    I am preparing an important document and I need to be able to "freeze the
    column width in a pivot table, so that when I enter more information the
    column won't change and show: ####### instead of an amount.

    thank you

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor Excelenator's Avatar
    Wantagh, NY
    All you need to do is select the pivot table column (hover over the field name until the black arrow shows up) and then left click to select the entire column of data. Once this is done you can set your column width for that column and when you refresh your data the column width won't change.
    ONLY APPLIES TO VBA RESPONSES WHERE APPROPRIATE
    To insert code into the VBE (Visual Basic Editor)
    1. Copy the code.
    2. Open workbook to paste code into.
    3. Right click any worksheet tab, select View Code
    4. VBE (Visual Basic Editor) opens to that sheets object
    5. You may change to another sheets object or the This Workbook object by double clicking it in the Project window
    6. In the blank space below the word "General" paste the copied code.

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: freeze column width in a pivot table

    Right-click a cell in the pivot table, and choose Table Options
    Ensure that Preserve Formatting is turned on, and AutoFormat is turned off.
    Click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures