Pivot tables - Group Label on each line

  1. #1

    Pivot tables - Group Label on each line

    Can anyone tell me if its possible to get excel to put the Group Label Data on each line in the pivot table ?

    So for example where i have following data:

    Country,Region,Unit,Amount
    UK,North,Sales,100
    Uk,North,Sales,50
    UK,North,Sales,10
    Uk,North,Warehouse,5
    Uk,North,Warehouse,10

    When i pivot and group Sum of Amount by Country, Region and Unit, what i get is:

    Uk|North|Sales |160
    | |Warehouse| 15
    Grand total |175

    What i would like is with the group displayed on each line?

    UK|North|Sales |160
    UK|North|Warehouse |15
    Grand total |175

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot tables - Group Label on each line

    The row headings show once in a Pivot Table, and there's no setting you
    can change, to force them to repeat.

    To create a table with a heading on each row, you could copy the pivot
    table, paste it as values in another location, and fill the blanks,
    using the technique shown here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  3. #3
    Thanks for the link the Example macro works a treat..very handy

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot tables - Group Label on each line

    You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that the example helped.

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish

  6. #6
    Debra Dalgleish