Admin Password for multiple workbooks

  1. #1

    Admin Password for multiple workbooks

    Hi,

    I'm creating multiple workbooks in excel for designated persons, and they are suppose to look at them, each having a different password for security reasons. Now, is there any way to also create an administrator password, so that with only one password i would have access to all workbooks?

    That way everyone will have its own password without knowing the other's, and one person will be able to access all workbooks with only one password.

    Thank you.

    Richard

  2. #2

    Re: Admin Password for multiple workbooks

    That's not the way excel's password works.

    But you could give the admin a workbook that has some sort of menu system in it
    that opens a selected file--and supplies the password for that file. (So each
    file could have its own password--but the admin only needs to know the password
    of the "master" workbook.)