Cross referencing data across different workbooks

  1. #1
    Luke
    Guest

    Cross referencing data across different workbooks

    Hi

    I have a workbook of data and I need to cross reference it with a numbers of
    other work books. The main workbook contains data relating to different
    items which are identified by name. I basically need to isolate the items
    on the main workbook which do not appear on the other work books.
    Many thanks
    Luke

  2. #2
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: Cross referencing data across different workbooks

    You're asking to create a relational db.

    This type of thing is more easily handled by Access.

    You could, I suppose, create formulas which reference other workbooks, but
    this gets unwieldy with more than two workbooks.

    Is it possible for you to consolidate the different workbooks into one
    workbook and run formulas between the workbook's sheets?

  3. #3
    Dave F

  4. #4
    Dave F