Excel left click produces right click menu

  1. #1
    Shoesuntied
    Guest

    Excel left click produces right click menu

    Help! I've been in the industry for many years but this is a first. I
    have a user that when he opens a spreadsheet (blank of otherwise), and
    left clicks in any cell, he instantly gets a right click menu. I have
    replaced the mouse and mouse drivers, checked the mouse settings,
    looked through all the Excel options and frankly I am stumped. I am
    planning on reloading his Notebook, but I would like to know if anyone
    else has seen this issue, and even better, resolved it.

  2. #2
    Shoesuntied
    Guest

    Re: Excel left click produces right click menu

    Additional info: Excel 2003. Happens with touchpad or USB attached
    mouse. Isolated to one user. OS is XP. Any recommendations or ideas
    before I reload (scheduled 8/16/06) would be appreciated.

  3. #3

    Re: Excel left click produces right click menu

    What happens when you click the right mouse button?

  4. #4
    Shoesuntied
    Guest

    Re: Excel left click produces right click menu

    He gets the normal right click menu.

  5. #5
    Shoesuntied
    Guest

    Re: Excel left click produces right click menu

    Issue is the result of a hardware problem. Toshiba Techra M2 notebook
    has a stuck key. Discovered after reloading s/w and issue still
    existed. After talking with the users, it appears that Toshiba has had
    several issues that were unresolved - even after sending the unit in
    for repair. My advice... buy another brand.