'IF' formula trouble

  1. #1

    'IF' formula trouble

    Hi everyone. I'm having trouble with a formula for figuring out if a row is found within another column. I know that there's a simple solution, but I'm just not getting it right. Thanks in advance for any help!

  2. #2
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: 'IF' formula trouble

    Hi--rows aren't found in columns.

    I'm not sure what you're asking here, but the general format for IF
    functions is:

    IF A, B, ELSE C.

    Example:

    A1= 10
    B1= 2
    C1= A1*B1

    In D1 you could put a formula: =IF(A1=9+1,C1,B1) which would return 20
    (A1*B1).

    In plain English: If A1 = 9 + 1, THEN return the value in C1, ELSE return
    the value in B1.

  3. #3
    bj
    Guest

    RE: 'IF' formula trouble

    Please restate your question, I do not know what you want to do.