problem exporting to CSV

  1. #1
    hilz
    Guest

    problem exporting to CSV

    Hi all.
    I have an xls file that i want to export to CSV.
    For some reason, I really need all the values to be surrounded by double
    quotes even if they were numbers or a simple text with no spaces.
    For example, currently, it is being saved as follows:

    1234,sometext,"some text with spaces"

    and i want it to be exported as follows:

    "1234","sometext","some text with spaces"

    Is there anything I can do to control this and make it produce the CSV
    file that I desire?

    I am using Excel 2003 SP2

    thanks

  2. #2

    Re: problem exporting to CSV

    Maybe you could write your own exporting program that would behave exactly the
    way you want:

    Here are three sites that you could steal some code from:

    Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:
    www.smokeylake.com/excel
    (or directly: http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm)

    Chip Pearson's:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

    J.E. McGimpsey's:
    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

    Earl's may do what you want right out of the box--he supports lots of options.