lists dependent on preceding list selection

  1. #1

    lists dependent on preceding list selection

    I want to make a pull-down list, but I want the list column B to be dependent on what someone pulls down in column A. For example:

    ANIMAL DESCRIPTION
    dog terrier, sheperd, daschound, great dane
    cat marbled, tabby, ferral
    fish big, small, goldfish
    horse racing, working, farm, cart

    So, if someone pulls down "dog" in A, I only want the possible dog descriptions displayed, and so on. I don't really know VBA programming, but if that's the only way to do it, I'll learn. Just need some guidance from those smarter excel folks.

    Thanks!!

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: lists dependent on preceding list selection

    Try Debra Dalgleish's page at:
    Excel -- Data Validation -- Create Dependent Lists
    --
    Max
    Singapore