is it possible to add data to cells from the command line?

  1. #1
    Martin
    Guest

    is it possible to add data to cells from the command line?

    I want to add simple values to a bi-monthly inventory report from the
    command line (cmd.exe), if possible. The OS' are W2k and XPPro and
    Excel/Office versions 2000/2003. New values are calculated by a console/DOS
    app, so, if I can add them directly to the xls, that's another step done in
    my goal of automating the entire report process.

    Can it be done?

    Martin

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: is it possible to add data to cells from the command line?

    Suggest that you use cmd.exe ( or a .bat file) to create a .txt file.

    It is then easy to open the .txt file under VBA and populate cells.
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3
    Martin
    Guest

    Re: is it possible to add data to cells from the command line?

    That would work if no user interaction to start/close Excel or VBA is
    required. That's where I don't have the knowledge to proceed without help.

    I can create a file, or environment variables, and make an association to
    Start Excel, but then...

    Is there a FAQ or list of Tips-n-Tricks I should be reading??

    news:[email protected]...