I can no longer Group rows

  1. #1
    ec8spe
    Guest

    I can no longer Group rows

    I am not sure what I have done but I can no longer group cells (using the
    green arrows on the toolbar). What might I have inadvertantly done to cause
    this and how can I rectify it?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: I can no longer Group rows

    Do not recognize "green arrows on the toolbar".

    What function/feature are you referring to?

    Merging cells maybe?

    Can you post back with a better description please.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: I can no longer Group rows

    If the worksheet is protected or the workbook is shared, you won't be
    able to group the rows.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: I can no longer Group rows

    Debra

    You seem to have figured out what/where the "green arrows" are.

    Can you give me a hint please?

    Thanks, Gord

    On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:31:49 -0400, Debra Dalgleish <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >If the worksheet is protected or the workbook is shared, you won't be
    >able to group the rows.
    >
    >ec8spe wrote:
    >> I am not sure what I have done but I can no longer group cells (using the
    >> green arrows on the toolbar). What might I have inadvertantly done to cause
    >> this and how can I rectify it?

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: I can no longer Group rows

    Hi Gord,

    You can see them in Data>Group and Outline>Group, or could customize a
    toolbar, to show the Group and Ungroup buttons.

    Debra

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: I can no longer Group rows

    I guess there are features of Excel I just don't use much and we found another
    one<g>

    Thanks

    On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:45:44 -0400, Debra Dalgleish <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Hi Gord,
    >
    >You can see them in Data>Group and Outline>Group, or could customize a
    >toolbar, to show the Group and Ungroup buttons.
    >
    >Debra
    >
    >Gord Dibben wrote:
    >> Debra
    >>
    >> You seem to have figured out what/where the "green arrows" are.
    >>
    >> Can you give me a hint please?
    >>
    >> Thanks, Gord
    >>
    >> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:31:49 -0400, Debra Dalgleish <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>If the worksheet is protected or the workbook is shared, you won't be
    >>>able to group the rows.

    >> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP