Print Modified date stamp on excel sheet

  1. #1
    Marc
    Guest

    Print Modified date stamp on excel sheet

    I am trying to have the last date modified stamp print on an excel sheet to
    ensure current modified version is being used. Does anyone know how to do
    this?

    Thank You

  2. #2
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: Print Modified date stamp on excel sheet

    In the cell you want the message displayed enter the formula -

    =TODAY()

    Format that cell as custom and, in 'type', enter

    "The message you want displayed" dd/mm/yyyy

    If you want to retain the date on which the spread sheet was last updated
    you will also need to make sure the spreadsheet is updated manually. To do
    this-

    Click on <Tools><Options><Calculations><Manual>

    Otherwise (if it is updated automatically) it will always show today's date.

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    news:[email protected]...