Deleted files

  1. #1
    TheRook
    Guest

    Deleted files

    I know this is not exactly the plae for this but I need help urgently.

    I have accidently deleted some picutes from my works laptop but they do not
    appear in my recycle bin.

    Can these be restored?

    For security reason I am not aloud to put any software on my computer myself.

    The Rook

  2. #2
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: Deleted files

    When a file is deleted it may still be in the 'Recycle bin'. You could use
    the search facility in Windows Explorer to look for the file either by the
    name of the file or word or phrase in the file. This will show whether the
    file is available anywhere on the hard disk.

    However, if the file has been deleted it may be still available. This is
    because it is only a reference to the position of the file on the hard disk
    that is deleted not the data itself. At this point the chances of recovery
    decrease dramatically. As you use the computer there is a chance that some
    or all of your file will be overwritten. You may like to use something like
    Restoration, available free from -

    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html.

    It is strongly advised to download and install this on another hard disk (if
    available) to decrease the possibility of overwriting your file.

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    news:[email protected]...