Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

#DIV/0! how to stop this in blank cell

  1. #1
    S S
    Guest

    #DIV/0! how to stop this in blank cell

    How do I get #DIV/0! to stop appearing when a cell is blank.
    This is the formula I am using...

    =D15/(POWER(E15,2)/10000)

  2. #2
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: #DIV/0! how to stop this in blank cell

    =IF(E15=0,"",=D15/(POWER(E15,2)/10000) )

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "S S" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: #DIV/0! how to stop this in blank cell

    Please watch those equal signs!

    =IF(E15=0,"",D15/(POWER(E15,2)/10000))

    (and spaces, too <vbg>.)

  4. #4
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: #DIV/0! how to stop this in blank cell

    If you can live with a zero, try:

    =(D15>0)*D15/(E15^2/10000)

    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5

    Re: #DIV/0! how to stop this in blank cell

    You sure?

  6. #6
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: #DIV/0! how to stop this in blank cell

    Oops. =Copy-paste without thinking. Sorry and thanks Dave.

    Best wishes Harald

    "Dave Peterson" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: #DIV/0! how to stop this in blank cell

    Of course I was sure.
    If I wasn't sure, I wouldn't have posted it!

    But being *sure* and being *right* are 2 different things.

    I was darn sure wrong though ... wasn't I?<bg>

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

    -
    > > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

    !

    -

  8. #8

    Re: #DIV/0! how to stop this in blank cell

    Are you babbling? <gd&r>

  9. #9
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: #DIV/0! how to stop this in blank cell

    I like to call it rambling.

    -
    > > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

    !

    -

    > > "Dave Peterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > You sure?

    > > -

    benefit