Add Constraint - "Solver:

  1. #1
    tikchye_oldLearner57
    Guest

    Add Constraint - "Solver:

    hello community

    can someone please explain to me how to use the "bin" and what does "bin"
    stands for, is it "binary" - in the Add Constraints dialog box when I use the
    "Solver" feature in excel.

    There are five constraints,

    <=
    =
    >=

    Int
    Bin

    only the last one, "Bin", which I do not understand what is it use for.

    thanks community for the kind assistance

    everybody with Good Health
    --
    oldLearner57

  2. #2
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    Re: Add Constraint - "Solver:

    oldLearner57 -

    "Bin" is typically used to constrain changing cells to binary values: 0
    (zero) or 1 (one).

    - Mike
    http://www.mikemiddleton.com

    "tikchye_oldLearner57" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: Add Constraint - "Solver:

    tikchye_oldLearner57 wrote:
    > hello community
    >
    > can someone please explain to me how to use the "bin" and what does
    > "bin" stands for, is it "binary" - in the Add Constraints dialog box
    > when I use the "Solver" feature in excel.
    >
    > There are five constraints,
    >
    > <=
    > =
    >> =

    > Int
    > Bin
    >
    > only the last one, "Bin", which I do not understand what is it use
    > for.
    >
    > thanks community for the kind assistance
    >
    > everybody with Good Health

    Bin stays for binary. It should mean that the constraint cell can assume
    only 0 (false) or 1 (true) value...

    --
    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.