Automatic number generation.

  1. #1
    BM
    Guest

    Automatic number generation.

    Hi,

    I would like to automatically generate a number after the previous number
    has been used. For example...

    U67-30 is in cell B1
    The next time the document is opened after a save, U67-31 appears in cell B1.

    Also is it possible to link to a file that has not yet been created, but you
    know the name range of possibilities for the said file.

    Example...
    Link FileA(Summary file) to File B,C,D,E,F, and G. FileA would pull the
    critical data off of each File(B-G) as they are created and saved.

    Thanks for your help!

  2. #2
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: Automatic number generation.

    As to your first question, you just put =U67-30 in B1.

    I don't really understand what you mean by automatic number generation, or
    your second question.