When using general format for a cell, numbers appear with decimals

  1. #1
    Simmian
    Guest

    When using general format for a cell, numbers appear with decimals

    I'm working in a new workbook.

    When I type in a number like 535, it shows up in the cell as 5.35

    The format of the cell is General and not number. Even the example that
    shows up when looking at the cell format shows the decimal. This shouldn't
    be happening. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Simmian
    Guest

    RE: When using general format for a cell, numbers appear with decimals

    I may have found it. The tools/options/Edit tab Fixed decimal checkbox.....

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: When using general format for a cell, numbers appear with decimals

    Tools>Options, Edit tab, uncheck Fixed decimal

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten
    Microsoft MVP - Excel