No Color Palette, ActiveX

  1. #1
    Rick Hansen
    Guest

    No Color Palette, ActiveX

    I have placed a CommandButton on a worksheet from the "Control ToolBox"
    tool bar. When I right click on the CommandButtom and select "Properties"
    and get the properties Dialog box to appear. I next select "BackColor" , so
    I can change the background color of the CommandButton. When I click on the
    down arrow in "BackColor" property a small dialog box opens with two tabs.
    When I select "Palette" tab I get a blank Tab. I should have 56 colors to
    choose from, but they don't appear. Does anyone know what could be causing
    this problem. I have also tried other controls from control toolbox and get
    the same results when I try to change the background color. I'm using
    Excel 2003 with sp2. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks, Rick

  2. #2

    Re: No Color Palette, ActiveX

    Maybe resetting that control toolbox toolbar would help.

    Tools|Customize|Toolbars tab
    select control toolbox and click reset.