Excel file conversion

  1. #1
    RCPhinney
    Guest

    Excel file conversion

    Is there a way around the Excel spreadsheet conversion to formatted file
    format (space delimited) limitation of only 240 characters per row of cells?
    I need to get a row of cells of over 700 characters in possible length to
    convert to a single formatted text space delimited record. Is there any
    offline file conversion program that will do this form me if Excel save as
    file converion will not>

  2. #2

    Re: Excel file conversion

    Maybe you could write your own exporting program that would behave exactly the
    way you want:

    Here are three sites that you could steal some code from:

    Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:
    www.smokeylake.com/excel
    (or directly: http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm)

    Chip Pearson's:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

    J.E. McGimpsey's:
    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

    (or maybe you could build your own formula and copy|paste into Notepad, then
    save from there.)