How to filter repeating Names

  1. #1

    Question How to filter repeating Names

    I have a huge list of clients, and some of them are repeating in "Name" column, but have different values in other columns.

    I need to filter those clients that appear more than once into separate list.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Jaleel
    Guest

    Re: How to filter repeating Names

    Hi,

    Tools - Data - Filter - Auto Filter.
    Then select visible cells, copy and paste. If you wish more tech, Dave or
    Bob or Topper will reply to you.

    Cheers.

    Jaleel

  3. #3
    Jaleel,

    thanks for the effort, but I´m affraid simple AutoFilter won´t do the job.

    I need to filter just those Names that are repeating, and left out those that appear only once in the list.

    Any other idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleel

  4. #4

    Re: How to filter repeating Names

    You could insert a helper column and add a formula like:

    =countif(a:a,a1)
    and drag down.

    Then filter by this column.

    Then rows with values greater than 1 have duplicates.

    I'm not really sure what you want, but Chip Pearson has lots of techniques to
    work with duplicates:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

  5. #5
    Dave,