repeating names in row fields of a pivot table

  1. #1
    Jack N
    Guest

    repeating names in row fields of a pivot table

    Is there a way to get the pivot table to automatically repeat the names in
    the outer row fields? This way one could use the resulting pivot table as a
    database. Normally you have to manually copy the names to the blank cells
    below the name in the outer row fields. In the below example I would like
    EAST to show up in every cell below it, same with WEST

    Region Salesperson
    EAST Buchanan
    Davolio
    Dodsworth
    Suyama
    WEST Buchanan
    Davolio

  2. #2

    Re: repeating names in row fields of a pivot table

    Not and keep it a pivottable.

    You could convert it to values (select, edit|copy, edit|paste special|values)
    (or do the same thing against a copy)

    Then use some of the techniques at Debra Dalgleish's site to fill the empty
    cells:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html