Excel crashes when trying to save.

  1. #1

    Excel crashes when trying to save.

    Hello all,

    I have a pretty complicated worksheet iv been working on. It has about 10 sheets in, and many many macros, and uses a DDE interface to connect to a different program.

    Yesterday, I finished working on it, saved, and went to bed.
    Today, iv opened it up, but without me even changing a thing, it wont let me save at all. Neither "Save As" with a different name, or the regular save is working. I tried moving it to a different computer, and it doesnt save there either.

    It says excel has crashed, and asks me if I would like to send an error report.

    I dont understand it, as I changed nothing since the last save yesterday (which worked fine). Iv tried disabling macros and the DDE, but it still wont save.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by Ori; 08-20-2006 at 08:01 AM.

  2. #2
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Excel crashes when trying to save.

    Ori,

    Try the "Open and repair" option in the Open button of the File - Open
    dialog. I think this varies with the version of Excel.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Actually, while copying the spreadsheet over to an old version from a few weeks ago, it managed to save again somehow, and has been working fine ever since. (Wish I knew what was wrong in the first place though so I could make sure it wouldnt happen again)

    Iv never heard of that option though, and will keep it in mind if anything like this happens again.

    Thanks for your help.