Changing the color of the "comment" triangle

  1. #1
    Mike
    Guest

    Changing the color of the "comment" triangle

    Ok, you Excel guru's out there. How do you change the color of the little red
    triangle that denotes that a cell has a comment in it? I have some cells with
    a red fill color on my spreadsheet that I want to put comments in, but the
    little red triange that denotes a cell having comments doesnt show up against
    the red fill. Anyone know how to change the little red triangle to other
    colors?

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Changing the color of the "comment" triangle

    Hi Mike,
    You can't change the color, you can create a shape and overlay it.
    I'd not recommend it, but there must be quite a few people who are
    doing that. This reply post from Dave Peterson
    http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...24D3%40msn.com

    You might not be aware of other color triangles in other corners
    Colors used in Cell Comments (#colors)
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...ent.htm#colors
    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Changing the color of the "comment" triangle

    You cannot change the color of the Comment indicator.

    You can change the fill color of the red cells or opt to not show comment
    indicators and draw a black triangle on the cells with comments.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    David
    Guest

    Re: Changing the color of the "comment" triangle

    Gord Dibben wrote

    > or opt to not show comment indicators

    How? Is this available in XL2000?

    --
    David

  5. #5
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Changing the color of the "comment" triangle

    Display
    tools, options, view, comments: none

    Print,
    Page Setup, sheet, print comments: none
    ---
    HTH,

  6. #6
    David
    Guest

    Re: Changing the color of the "comment" triangle

    Thanks, I took it literally to mean not to show the indicators, but still
    show the comment itself.

    --
    David

    David McRitchie wrote

  7. #7
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Changing the color of the "comment" triangle

    That was me leading you astray originally with "opt to not show indicator"

    Sorry about that.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP