How to Print different areas on one page

  1. #1
    Bryan Bloom
    Guest

    How to Print different areas on one page

    I have several areas on one spreadsheet. Because the columns had to be
    different widths, I couldn't put everything in a format to print out easily.

    What is the best way to print out different areas so that they all fit a
    certain way and on one page. I know this is kind of like a report in Access.
    Is there some way to do this, lay it out the way one wants? If so, what is
    this called and how do you do it? Thanks so much for any help.

    Bryan Bloom

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: How to Print different areas on one page

    Bryan,
    You will have to copy the various areas on to a new sheet
    in the order that you want and print from there.
    - or -
    The free Excel add-in 'Print Selections Only' may do what you want.
    Download from ... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
    No registration required.
    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    "Bryan Bloom"
    <[email protected]>

  3. #3
    Bryan Bloom
    Guest

    Re: How to Print different areas on one page

    Thanks Jim, I will give this a try. But is there a way to take your data in
    a spreadsheet and make a "report" that prints out, much like how Access
    works? Perhaps that is what the program you suggest does...

    My real problem is in my spreadsheet I cant put a certain group of cells
    below another one because the column widths need to be different so I am
    putting that group on a different part of the spreadsheet. But if I simply
    print it out it won't look how I want as I want the part with the wider cells
    printed below the first group. Hope that makes sense.

    Bryan

  4. #4
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: How to Print different areas on one page

    Bryan,
    I am unfamiliar with how Access handles printing.
    You might want to review the Excel help files dealing with Views.
    It allows you to retain custom worksheet arrangements and print them.

    Also, one can copy a picture of a selection by using a semi-hidden feature
    of Excel. Hold down the Shift key and click the Edit menu.
    The displays a "copy picture" menu option.
    You could experiment with copying pictures of your various selections and
    placing them on a new sheet. That works best when gridlines are not shown.
    or printed.

    The Print Selections Only program of mine, stacks pictures of each selection
    one above the other, on as many pages as needed and prints them.
    Sounds like what you want.
    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

  5. #5
    Cheryl
    Guest

    RE: How to Print different areas on one page

    Hi Bryan,

    I'm a real newbie, but it sounds like you could copy the selected areas to
    Word and print the report from there. If you set up the Word file as a Word
    template, you could use it whenever you want, deleting and pasting new
    selections.
    --
    Cheryl

  6. #6
    Dhaka
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

    Re: How to Print different areas on one page

    if you want to print only one page, then this idea works better,or if you want to print a specific area in several pages including other it works best.
    just go to page layout>Page title>sheet>Rows to repeat at top or column to repeat at left then click at end of the right point and select your area. if you want to select more area just use"comma"-","
    i think it works. if not please use snap shot option at tool.
    thank you
    Last edited by arthurbr; 11-12-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Removed e mail address

  7. #7
    Forum Expert
    germany
    MS-Off Ver
    XL2003 / 2007 / 2010
    Posts
    6,326

    Re: How to Print different areas on one page

    5-year old thread I doubt the OP check it out !