Help...Summing Items Scattered in a list

  1. #1

    Help...Summing Items Scattered in a list

    Greetings again O Great ones!

    I need a total sum of an item that my be scattered several times in a list.

    For example, lets say the following is A1 thru B4 in a spreadsheet.
    ProjectX $10
    ProjectY $5
    ProjectZ $10
    ProjectX $2

    I need to calculate the total $ for ProjectX. In this case the result should be $12.

  2. #2
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: Help...Summing Items Scattered in a list

    Use SUMIF:

    =SUMIF([range],Project X)

    Dave
    --