Unwanted line -- how to get rid of it

  1. #1

    Unwanted line -- how to get rid of it

    I'm using Microsoft Excel 2003. There is a dashed vertical line to the
    right of columns 22 and 86. It has the same color as the grid, and
    cuts through merged cells. No amount of fiddling with the borders of
    the columns or the cells gets rid of it. Can someone point me to
    documentation that explains what it is? Thanks.

    Fred

  2. #2

    Re: Unwanted line -- how to get rid of it

    Maybe it's the pagebreak line.

    Tools|Options|view tab|uncheck Page Breaks.

    They'll come back if you print or print preview, though.

  3. #3

    Dave Peterson wrote:
    > Maybe it's the pagebreak line.
    >
    > Tools|Options|view tab|uncheck Page Breaks.
    >
    > They'll come back if you print or print preview, though.

    Indeed they are page breaks. Thanks once again, Dave.

    Fred