if cell has date value how to calculate other cell values

  1. #1
    EXCEL USER
    Guest

    if cell has date value how to calculate other cell values

    Please help me with the formula to calculate the column below titled "Amount
    Int to be Chgd". If column titled Complition Date shows the date in any of
    its cell than "amount Int to be Chge" should be zero but If there is no date
    and the cell is blank than "Amount Int to be Chge" should represent the value
    of a cell from the column titled "Total Expense" or in some cases only for
    the year of 2005 expenses. Please help me to write this formula. Please
    response me at [email protected]. Thanks,

    2004 2005 total Amount
    Complition Interest
    Expens Expense Expense Int to be Chgd Date
    7%

    Group 1 2,000 5,000 7,000 0
    01/01/06

    Group 1A 5,000 3,000 8,000 8,000

  2. #2
    scottfoxall
    Guest

    RE: if cell has date value how to calculate other cell values

    try this:

    assumimg; Total Expense is col D, Amount in col E and date col F

    In say cell E6 (assuming this is the top of table values)
    TYPE: =IF(F6="",D6,0)

    This means IF F6 is empty then show the value from D6, else show 0

  3. #3
    EXCEL USER
    Guest

    RE: if cell has date value how to calculate other cell values

    Hi,

    I used the same formula but it does not work, may be something that I am
    missing or may be this is not the right formula that is the reason I am
    seeking help. I am going to try tomorrow to change the cell format from date
    to text and see if it works or not generally it should not make any
    difference but i will try it. If you can try or any one else out there
    please help me even if some can help me to write macro for it.

    thanks,