I would like to use conditional formatting for 4 or more items.

  1. #1
    Inge
    Guest

    I would like to use conditional formatting for 4 or more items.

    I have item #s I would like to show up a certain color if they meet certain
    conditions. EG. My list starts in BQ3 and can have 30 varying #s. I would
    like the conditional formatting to color the items only if the alpha,numeric
    # matches one of 4 in another list starting in BR12. The #s are random, PROX
    30000 OR TILX 310245 so I cannot use the between or < > rules. And,
    conditional formatting only allows 3 rules.
    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Inge

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: I would like to use conditional formatting for 4 or more items.

    Can you give examples of valid values as you confused me?

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Inge
    Guest

    Re: I would like to use conditional formatting for 4 or more items

    List of cars I want the font to be brown if match to conditional list below:
    PROX 32057
    PROX 30258
    PROX 30174
    PROX 32239
    PROX 32537
    PROX 32466
    PROX 33130
    PROX 32585
    PROX 33142
    PROX 32520
    PROX 33147
    PROX 32975
    TILX 301076
    TILX 301068

    Conditional List:
    PROX 32494
    PROX 32512
    PROX 33130
    TILX 301068
    UTLX 47789

    Inge

  4. #4

    Re: I would like to use conditional formatting for 4 or more items

    Put the conditional list on a separate sheet (say Sheet2) in column A.

    Then give that range a nice name via Insert|Name|Define (say myList)

    select your range (say A1:A99 on Sheet1) and with A1 the activecell, use:
    Format|conditional formatting
    formula is:
    =match(a1,mylist,0)

    And give it a nice format.