Making Online Forms in Excel

  1. #1
    Claudiakc
    Guest

    Making Online Forms in Excel

    How do I make an online form (that is put on the server) in Excel with list
    boxes and combo boxes on sheet #1 and the data to choose from (that goes in
    those boxes) on sheet #2? I used to do it all the time, now I’ve completely
    forgotten how and the KB does not even give me a clue…..neither does Excel
    help (or maybe I either missed it or asked the wrong question). I would
    certainly appreciate any help.

    Thanks
    --
    Claudia

  2. #2
    scottfoxall
    Guest

    RE: Making Online Forms in Excel

    I may be wrong but I think once a file is saved as a web page all of the
    ActiveX controls are disabled.

    Perhaps converting microsoft languge to Java would overcome this? I have
    been told there are some products on the market that will do this but I have
    never checked this for myself.

  3. #3
    Claudiakc
    Guest

    RE: Making Online Forms in Excel

    When I talk about an online form, I didn't mean the web (sorry ), and the
    processes I used in the past had nothing to do with either VB or Java. I
    simply had boxes on one sheet and the data that went in those boxes on
    another sheet. Problem is, I can't remember the process in between. I do
    know it all came off the Excel menu, but I cannot remember what menu items
    and in what order I did them.
    --
    Claudia

  4. #4
    scottfoxall
    Guest

    RE: Making Online Forms in Excel

    OK

    I think you mean the CONTROLBOX and FORMStoolbars

    VIEW>TOOLBARS>FORMS
    OR/AND
    VIEW>TOOLBARS>CONTROL TOOLBOX

    CONTROL TOOLBOX IS THE BETTER OF THE TWO

    Place the boxes, checkboxes, optionbuttons and so on on you sheet.

    For Control Toolbox controls

    Go into design mode (triangle)

    Select the control and then right click > properties

    Look for linkedcell in properties and type something like: Sheet1!A1

    for a dropdown list this could be: Sheet1!A1:A10

    These cells and controls will now be linked.

    Hope that helps