Can I check names in one list agains names in another in excel?

  1. #1
    John@Hospice of Hope
    Guest

    Can I check names in one list agains names in another in excel?

    I have a list of names in one column, andanother list of name in a separate
    column. How do I cross-reference the names with eachother. What I want to
    do is find out if a name in one column is repeated in the other. Is tis
    possible?

  2. #2
    Muhammed Rafeek M
    Guest

    RE: Can I check names in one list agains names in another in excel?

    Use VLOOKUP function

    Syntax
    VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,range_lookup)

    Ex: = VLOOKUP("DI-328", A2:D6, 3, FALSE)