Shaded Area in Lieu of Excel Charts

  1. #1

    Shaded Area in Lieu of Excel Charts

    I have a workbook with six worksheets in 3 pairs. Each pair contains a
    'detailed data' worksheet and a 'summary' worksheet. The summary
    worksheet summarizes data from the detailed data. The summary
    worksheet also has a chart based on the data summary.

    The problem is that the Excel charts do not display unless I click on
    the shaded area where the charts should appear. Once the chart is
    visible, if I click outside the area, the chart disappears and is
    replaced by a shaded area.

    I started experiencing this problem when I shared the workbook with my
    colleagues. Now I do not share it any longer, but continue to have
    this issue.

    The whole workbook is less than 2 MB. I am using Excel 2000, Windows
    XP.

    I would appreciate any advice.

    Thank you folks!.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Shaded Area in Lieu of Excel Charts

    Hi,

    Tools > Options > View > Objects > Show all

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3

    Re: Shaded Area in Lieu of Excel Charts

    Andy:

    Thank you so much. Your suggestion resolved the issue, and cleared a
    major annoyance for my colleagues and myself.

    kannan