Stop rows from being deleted whilst allowing cells contents to cha

  1. #1
    SueD
    Guest

    Stop rows from being deleted whilst allowing cells contents to cha

    In Excel 2000 is there a way to prevent people from deleting an entire row
    out of a spreadsheet, while still allowing them to make changes to the data
    and clear the contents of a cell?

    I have tried protecting the worksheet but this prevents both of the above.

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Stop rows from being deleted whilst allowing cells contents to cha

    Hi Sue,

    select the cells that the user should edit, FORMAT | Cells | Protection,
    uncheck the boxes

    protect the sheet.

    hth
    --
    regards from Brazil
    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

  3. #3
    SueD
    Guest

    RE: Stop rows from being deleted whilst allowing cells contents to

    Brilliant thank you. This worked a treat.