Array formula problem

  1. #1
    Constance
    Guest

    Array formula problem

    I am getting a #Value answer for an array formula that I am using and I can
    not figure out what is causing it. I have a spreadsheet with a column
    describing the type of data, column with names, columns with monthly data.
    For example, in the first column I have the name of different types of data
    like Amb for one type of visit and Hosp for another type of visit, then the
    next column contains doctor names so I would have two or more rows for Dr. X
    one for each data type and if he practices in multiple locations there could
    be 4 rows for 2 locations. The next columns are for each month.
    My array formula is {=SUM((type=$F$2)*(name=$B15)*Jul)} on the sheet I am
    working on. I have named the data type column with the range name of "type",
    the name column is range name of "name" and the column with July data is
    range name of "Jul". Cell reference of $f$2 refers to the particular type of
    data (Amb for visit type) and $b15 refers to the particular doctor and Jul
    refers to the column containing the July data.
    What is baffling me is this formula is working in every instance except for
    the month of August. I've checked that all the named ranges are the same
    length but I can't think of anything else.
    Thank you for your assistance.
    --
    Constance

  2. #2

    Re: Array formula problem

    I'd check the dimension of those named ranges once more.

    And if you don't have Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew
    Henson) Name Manager, you should get it.

    You can find it at:
    NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

    ===
    Second thing I'd do is check for errors in any of those ranges--or non-numeric
    stuff in the Aug range.

  3. #3
    Constance
    Guest

    Re: Array formula problem

    Thank you a million times! There was a text entry in my range.
    --
    Constance

  4. #4

    Re: Array formula problem

    If you use names a lot, you'll really enjoy(?) excel more if you use Name
    Manager.