automatic font selection

  1. #1
    newbie
    Guest

    automatic font selection

    I am trying to change my font colour too blue I change it use it in one box
    then it automatically goes back to black. Can I have the font not set to
    automatic
    Can someone please help as I need the font too be blue for now then to be
    able to change it again too pink but after just one selection it always
    defaults too black

  2. #2
    You can change the style. This will change the color for the style in the workbook you're working in.

    Go to 'format' -> 'style' -> 'modify'

    You can choose a different color and if you want you can add the style under a different name.

    If you need different colors in the same worksheet you can make styles named 'red' 'blue' etc. The cells in which you want red text you have to choose the style 'red'.

    If you want to change the name of the style just write the new name over 'normal' in the 'style'-window.

    Edcel.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: automatic font selection

    newbie

    Pre-select all the cells you want to have blue-fonted then
    Format>Cells>Font>Color...select the blue button on the color chart.

    If you want blue font to be default for all cells on the
    worksheet.....Format>Style>Normal>Modify. Do the blue font selection and OK
    your way out.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP