Can I total information in 1 spreadsheet from several others?

  1. #1
    Excel Novice
    Guest

    Can I total information in 1 spreadsheet from several others?

    Hi, I'm a basic user of Excel and need to know whether or not I can use one
    master spreadsheet to accumulate and total information from a number of other
    spreadsheets and if so how?

    Many thanks

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Can I total information in 1 spreadsheet from several others?

    Hi

    it really depends on how you're worksheets are set out, if for example you
    have sheet1, sheet2, sheet3 all with January in B3 and Hats in A4 and the
    value for hats sold in January in B4 and you want on a summary sheet to add
    all the hats sold across the three sheets, the formula would be
    =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!B4)

    is this what you're after?

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Excel Novice
    Guest

    Re: Can I total information in 1 spreadsheet from several others?

    Many thanks JulieD that's the sort of thing. I have 3 identicle sheets that
    I'll be using to monitor output on various tasks. Each of these can (I hope)
    automatically update a Group sheet. They are all set up as sheet1, sheet 2
    etc.

    Thanks again.

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Can I total information in 1 spreadsheet from several others?

    Hi

    feel free to post back if you have further questions. Just a note, once
    you've entered the first formula in say cell B4 you can use the fill handle
    (move mouse over bottom right hand corner of the cell until you see a black
    + then hold & drag across the columns or down the rows as needed) to
    automatically fill in the other formulas.

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Okay I am looking to do a similar thing only not onto a summary sheet. I would like to have
    the value of j10 forwarded to the next sheet, to j9. I have an idea of how it is supposed to work but I am not familiar enough with the formulas to get that part right, at least not yet. I would appreciate any input.

    TQB