Help me Please!! Need hyperlinks to show actual email address!

  1. #1
    dustin
    Guest

    Help me Please!! Need hyperlinks to show actual email address!

    I copy a list of names from one page and put them in a excel spreadsheet.
    What happens is just the name show like DUSTIN MCALISTER but when you hold
    the mouse over the name the email address shows up in a little yellow box
    showing what the hyperlink is. Is there a way to make it show the email
    address instead of the hyperlink?? That way I can click on a row of names and
    all the emaill addresses will be there so I can copy and paste them into my
    Email and mass email my clients? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Help me Please!! Need hyperlinks to show actual email address!

    Dustin,

    You could add this little UDF

    Function eMail(rng As Range)
    Dim tmp As String
    On Error GoTo fx_exit
    tmp = rng.Hyperlinks(1).Address
    If Left(tmp, 7) = "mailto:" Then tmp = Right(tmp, Len(tmp) - 7)
    fx_exit:
    eMail = tmp
    End Function

    In another cell, say B1, add =email(A1) etc.

    -------

    Bob Phillips
    news:[email protected]...